Worth knowing when booking your stay in the Parkhotel Adler
Booking in the Parkhotel Adler / Best-Price Guarantee
- The room booking can be made via our online reservation system, by telephone or in writing to our in-house Reservations Department.
- If you book directly with us, you will enjoy a number of benefits, such as the best price guarantee (you won't get a more attractive price than with us), our early-bird rate and extremely reasonable cancellation conditions.
- When booking rooms or (junior) suites via our online reservations system up to at least 60 days before arrival, you will receive a 15% discount providing you actively choose this option.
- It is a condition of the early-bird rate that payment is due immediately and the booking can no longer be changed or cancelled.
- The discount is only valid for the standard room prices and cannot be combined with other promotions and discounts.
- The discount does not apply for packages which already represent a special price.
Rooms and bathrooms
- The design of the furnishing details in our rooms for your personal comfort, such as minibar, TV and safe as well as use of the Internet, including iPod docking station, is standardised.
- The same applies to all bathrooms with WC which contain vanity mirrors, hair dryer and special heated towel rails. We also supply a wash bag as well as bathrobes and shoes for adults and children for the duration of your stay.
- Please note that an extra bed can only be supplied for youngsters up to the age of 17 years in the parents’ room. At least two rooms must be booked for three adults or more travelling together.
- Further specific details on bed sizes, mattresses as well as balconies and terraces are provided on the Categories and Prices page.
Information for smokers and non-smokers
Smoking is not allowed in the rooms, anywhere inside the hotel or on the restaurant terraces – this is one of our quality-related features. Smoking is permitted on the balconies and room terraces as well as in the outdoor smoking lounge in front of the Black Forest House, set up specially for this purpose.
Arrival and departure
On arrival, your room will be available from 3 p.m. and up to 12.00 noon on the day of departure. If you wish to arrive earlier or leave later, this is subject to availability and normally permitted for an additional charge. Otherwise we will be happy to keep your suitcases in our luggage storeroom in the meantime.
Families with children are warmly welcome here with us!
We supply baby cots free of charge – these can be placed in any room except the Classic Single room category.
For children and youngsters, we offer convenient accommodation options – depending upon the room, in extra beds or on the sofas which can be used as a sofa bed. This option is available for all accommodation categories from the Deluxe Double room category in the Belle Époque main building and in the junior suites in the Black Forest House.
Prices and terms
- For children up to the age of 7 staying in the parents’ room plus breakfast: no charge.
- From the age of 8 to 17 we charge € 50.00 in low season and € 60.00 in high season for children staying in the parents’ room plus breakfast.
- From the 18th birthday young guests are considered full paying guests and can only stay overnight in their own room. We have comfortable classic and deluxe single rooms!
A separate menu item on our website is dedicated to additional points worth knowing about your family stay.
- For offers, as a general rule only the room type is specified, not the category - an exception to this is the Presidential Suite.
- The Reservations Department decides on whether you get the classic or deluxe version, based on the reservations situation.
- Most offers are costed for single and double rooms as well as junior suites, on request this can also be done for our suites.
- Stays which involve extra days can only be booked directly through the Reservations Department – unfortunately, our online booking tool does not offer this option.
- As a general rule, our offers are not available for booking between the 23rd December and 1st January.
- For all other dates the details on booking availability in low and/or high season apply respectively.
Food and drink
- Breakfast from the Adler gourmet buffet is included in the accommodation and package prices.
- Half-board has no longer been available since mid-May 2018 following the introduction of our new kitchen concept, but we do offer a range of packages which include culinary services for the “Adler Stuben” or the “Oscars”.
- The full range of culinary catering options: “Café Diva“ (mornings and/or midday, depending upon the day), the “Adler Stuben” hotel restaurant (midday to evening) and the “Oscars” fine-dining restaurant (evenings) – please note the respective business and opening times.
- 24-hour room service for food and drinks from your room menu.
- Please inform us in good time in advance about any allergies or food intolerances so that we can take full account of your needs.
Your accommodation in the Parkhotel Adler is historic buildings. Due to the fire safety regulations it is therefore strictly forbidden to use candles, kettles, immersion heaters, toasters and similar devices which produce steam or smoke in any of the accommodation – thank you for your understanding. As soon as a smoke alarm is triggered, the hotel must be evacuated and the fire brigade will automatically be called out – this entails significant costs. Take advantage of our 24-hour room service which will be happy to bring you hot water or provide you with food and drinks at any time.
Wellness area – Appointments and cancellation
- Treatments can be booked on an individual basis or as part of offers.
- Please book your treatment at the same time as you make your room reservation – otherwise we cannot guarantee that appointments will be the available (this also applies to wellness packages).
- On request, the spa management will advise you of availability in advance.
- If you wish to cancel an appointment, this must be done in person no later than 24 hours before the start of the treatment (at the hotel itself, by phone, e-mail or fax).
- The same applies if you cancel the entire stay.
- We kindly ask you to appreciate that in case of late or no cancellation, 75% of the costs for the treatment booked will be charged.
We are famous for our relaxed atmosphere luxury so there is no dress code in the restaurants or the hotel in general. However, in order to preserve the exclusive ambience of our hotel, we ask adults to be dressed appropriately in the restaurants.
In addition to the numerous inclusive services, service is included in the accommodation price – these are understood as being free of charge services such as luggage and parking service, advice at Reception on destinations for excursions, the issue of information material and the shoe-shine service.
Services for a fee to meet your individual needs, make your stay even more comfortable and convenient. These include laundry and ironing service, dry cleaning (outside service), your daily newspaper (will be hung on the door in the mornings) or breakfast in the room.
We kindly ask you to appreciate that we can only accept dogs as "four-legged hotel guests". There are also certain conditions to them staying with you in the accommodation:
- You must generally specify that you are bringing a dog when you make the booking.
- We charge € 25.00 per dog and night (excludes food).
- Please keep your dog on a lead when taking it outside on the grounds.
- Indoor area: Dogs can only be “accommodated” in the Belle-Époque main building. They can be taken with you into the “Café Diva” and in the “Wirtshus” seating area of the “Adler Stuben”– out of consideration for the other guests, we are unable to allow any access to all other areas of the hotel, including the breakfast pavilion. We thank you for your understanding in this matter!
- If you don‘t want to leave your dog alone, we will be happy serve your breakfast or your meals in your room.
- On request we can arrange a dog sitter at the current rate of € 15.00 per hour.
- We must hold the dog owner liable for any damage and siling caused by the dog, here again we thank you for your understanding.
The local tourist tax of currently €2.70 per adult per day is not included in the room rate and will be charged separately. Persons travelling on business, as well as children up to and including the age of 5, are exempt from the tourist tax, for children from the age 6 to 15 the charge is currently €1.00 per child per day.
The collection of a tourist tax is a requirement of the municipal administration and includes the free use of public transport in the Black Forest. As proof of your entitlement to this you will be provided with the KONUS Card.
The KONUS Card is issued to our individual guests on check-in. It entitles you and your children in the hotel to travel free of charge on the public transport network. It applies to a wide area in the Black Forest. Please note: The tariff regulation charges apply for the transport of animals or bicycles.
For shuttle services, such as collection from the airport and local travel, we have a long-standing working relationship with a reliable tax company which is attuned to the needs and wishes of 5-Star guests. The costs depend on the distance and the journey time. Booking in good time in advance is required.
Transport links and parking facilities
- The hotel is easily accessible by from various directions. An outside parking space in our hotel car park is free of charge, a space in the underground car park is charged at €15.00 per day and car.
- You can also travel by train via Freiburg (on request, the hotel will arrange for you to be collected from Hinterzarten railway station free of charge).
- The nearest international airport with direct exit to the German side is in the Swiss city of Basel. You can be collected directly outside the exit by our taxi partner. We will be pleased to inform you about the costs and the booking procedure.
- More detailed information under Arrival.
- Cancellation can be made in person, by telephone or in writing.
- Cancellation free of charge is permitted up to seven days prior to the day of arrival.
- For details on the other cancellation conditions, please refer to General Terms and Conditions or your reservation confirmation.
- Our cancellation conditions also apply in the event of premature departure.
- Special conditions apply for bookings at early-bird rates, group bookings and reservations over Christmas and New Year.
Travel cancellation insurance
In order to avoid cancellation costs, we recommend the conclusion of a travel cancellation and interruption insurance. You can either conclude this insurance directly via the Internet or request us to send you a corresponding form.
As a guarantee for your booking, we ask you to provide us with your credit card details. Payment at the hotel can be made in cash, by EC or credit card (we accept all standard cards).
General information on reservations
- All room prices are quoted in Euros and are inclusive of VAT, service and the Adler inclusive services.
- We reserve the right to alter prices.
- On the publication of new price lists all previous version become invalid.
- Our General Terms and Conditions apply – the full General Terms and Conditions can be viewed on our website. If this link does not work, we will be happy to send you a copy of the General Terms and Conditions in writing.